A Great Start

Well it has been a great start to Term 3.  The students are thoroughly enjoying being taught by our student teacher Mrs Y.  The children have been busy learning topics about our health, Marine Rangers and electricity.  Social dancing has been a great success with children enjoying learning a variety of different dances.  It will be great to see the parents getting involved at the end of it all at our social.

Interschool winter carnival training is up and running.  Students have been put into teams and are busy training on Tuesday afternoons and hopefully at lunch times as well.  It has been great to see so many parents come in for parent interviews.  I have loved having the children sitting in on these meetings so that they too can take more responsibility into their own learning.

Thanks to all those who submitted some wonderful Access Asia projects.  I hope you enjoy our slide show displaying some of the childrens work.

4 comments

• Dear Mrs B and students,

I am just checking out your wonderful blog and I enjoyed reading about your terrific start to the term!

We have had 3 student teachers in 2KM and 2KJ this year and everyone loved having them in our room. I hope you all learn a lot from Mrs Y.

The interschool carnival sounds like fun and it is good to hear that you are all training hard!

I’m pretty sure you work with Mr Scott? He was a grade two teacher at my school last year and everyone enjoyed working with him!

What are you all looking forward to the most this term? My students are looking forward to visiting the dinosaurs at the Melbourne Museum in September.

Lastly, I want to say a big thank you for Mrs B’s blog comments. You’re all lucky to have such a great teacher.

Best wishes,
    Mrs M☀rris
    2KM and 2KJ blog

• Dear 2KM and 2KJ,

I have thoroughly enjoyed creating a class blog and student blogs with the team. It has been your blog that has been most inspiring. I think your students are extremely lucky to have two wonderful teachers who believe so strongly in ICT in the classroom.

Yes, we do have the wonderful Mr Scott at our school now and he has been a fantastic in introducing us to the world of blogging. Next week members from our class are going to visit Mr Scott’s class to show his students how to comment on class blogs. We are really looking forward to that.

Visiting the Melbourne Museum to see the dinosaurs sounds great. Its no wonder you are all excited about that. We are busy doing our social dancing classes and at the end of it all we are inviting parents to come and join in the fun. We have also been taking golf lessons and in a few weeks we are traveling by bus to have a hit at the Sanctuary Golf Course. I am so glad that we are doing dancing as well because I really am no good at golf.

Anyway, keep up the wonderful work 2KM and 2KJ. I hope to chat more.

Mrs B

• Hi everyone 🙂

My name is Miss T and I teach 3/4T. We’ve just started blogging so I’m doing lots of reading and visiting other school’s blogs to get some great ideas.

Your pages are very good! I’m still getting ours up and running smoothly, but please feel free to come and have a sticky beak 🙂

http://misstthreefourt.edublogs.org/

Have a great week!

• Hi Miss T,

I have visited your blog and it looks like your class is doing some wonderful things. We have only just started blogging as well and I am thoroughly enjoying communicating with other classes and learning all about incorporating ICT into our day. I just love you Image Chef idea and think I will give it a go myself. I will keep checking back to see how you are going by adding you to our blogroll.

Mrs B